Monday, March 1, 2010

Music

Though I'm not old, I remember the simpler times, when the only music that existed for me was classical music. Don't get me wrong, I loved it and I still do, especially some writers and some pieces, and I don't find it in any way as simple or restrictive - there are thousands sounds and feelings to be explored in the vast collection of the genre.

The first 'modern' sound I discovered was the immortal Queen, and I submerged myself in their music for years on end. Needless to add that, when first listening to Mika I briefly considered the possibility of Freddie coming back from the grave...

Nowadays, however, there are so many different sounds, beats and trends that I often lose count of what I like and what I would rather never listen to again. As always, I prefer to make my decisions on a piece-by-piece basis.

That being said, I refer you to the latest songs that have been playing on a constant loop lately in my house. I have discovered Mumford and Sons (a British indie folk group) during the February 26th edition of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, and their album, 'Sigh No More' is not just a collection of a good mixture of folk, rock and traditional Irish beats, but also of what I consider to be beautiful poetry.

Give it a try:



Though the last song invokes - at least in my mind - a vast field of white clover and bluebells in bloom, the only flowers currently available for me to photograph are tulips and freesias.

No comments:

Post a Comment